The YMCA Day of Giving is a one-day giving event on March 1st that provides an opportunity to give to your local YMCA. The Y is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The YMCA of Central New York is participating this year with a day of events at our branches culminating in our 2022 Annual Campaign Kickoff virtual event!
- 3-point Basketball Contest in the Main Gym – 6am to 1pm and 3:30pm to 7pm
- Our Residence Department will also be tabling at the Schine Student Center at Syracuse from 11am-1pm.
- Alex, our Health & Wellness Director, will be doing free fitness assessments from 9am to 11:30am. Raffling off free personal training sessions for anyone who does an assessment!
Hal Welsh East Area Family Branch
- Carnival of Care featuring games, raffles, snacks, and a photo booth from 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Tennis Skills challenge from 7:00am to 5:30pm
North Area Family Branch
- Pancake Breakfast in the Front Lobby from 7:30am-10:00am
- Bring a friend to Karate in Gym B from 5:30pm-6:00pm
- Zumba-thon in Group X Studio from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Annual Campaign Information and Staff available at Member Services from 8:00am-5:00pm
Northwest Family Branch
- Member breakfast (Pancakes, Sausage Links, Fruit, Juice, Coffee) in Lobby from 7:30-10:30am
- GroupX on the TURF (HiiT class) from 9:30-10:30am
- Yoga on the TURF (Vinyasa Yoga) from 10:30-11:30am
- WaterFitness "Decade Jam" (music from the 50s to today) (Lap Pool) from 10:30-11:30am
- "Dance to your Favorite Disney Hits" (Activity Pool) from 5:30-6pm
- Members can spin the wheel to win various prizes (Membership) from 11:30am-5pm
- Tours and info, plus survivor stories (Kaye Center) from 9am-12noon
- Philip Memmer will give the first-ever public reading of his new book-length poem Cairns – 7:30pm (registration link and more info)