In response to the recent COVID mandate changes communicated by Governor Cuomo on June 15, 2021, we have made the following YMCA changes to our COVID policies guidelines below, beginning Wednesday, June 23rd. As new guidelines are issued by NY State and the CDC (Center for Disease Control) we will continue to assess our safety procedures and policies. The Y is MORE than a gym or fitness center. Therefore, we need to consider how all decisions affect our entire YMCA membership base. Again, we thank everyone for supporting the Y!
- We will continue to use the honor system for the vaccination status of our members.
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will have the option to wear or not wear a mask while at the YMCA.
- Masks are NOT required for children ages (2-12) in any of our YMCA Youth programs including Camp and Childcare.
- Unvaccinated members are responsible for wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing per New York State guidance.
- We ask you to demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility toward each other and our staff as proof of vaccination status is not required.Please consider the health of our members and our community so that we may remain open and safe for all.
- Reservations are no longer needed for Gymnasium, Turf, and Primetime; we will return to full capacity. All equipment will be reopened for use.
- Please note that Reservations are still required for: Group Fitness Classes (land/water) and all YMCA pools until Monday, June 28, 2021. On the 28th of June, we will return to pre-COVID standards of 1st come/1st served for all Group Exercise classes and no time limits for lap swim. (Our Operations team is working on developing a new system to ensure better access to classes and lap lanes to be rolled out prior to September 2021).
- All saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, and drinking fountains will be available for usage.
- Wellness Checks are no longer required upon arrival at the Y. Members will need to continue to scan their Member ID cards for checking-in purposes, but member checkout is no longer required.
- Your YMCA home branch will maintain its current facility hours. We will continue to assess these hours and adjust where available.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your nearest YMCA branch. Thank you for your continued support of the YMCA of Central New York.
If you would like to take part in any of these offerings you'll need an active membership. We’ll be happy to help you reactivate your membership. Visit ycny.org/contactus to get in touch with the membership staff at your branch.
You can email your specific branch at the following addresses:
Membership - Jack Korzyp firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also email us at email@example.com and we’ll work promptly to direct your question to the appropriate staff member.
All YMCA locations have been and will continue to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
You can expect:
- Stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation, and maintenance to continue to be followed.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the YMCA.
- Facility hours to be adjusted to allow for deep cleaning during the day.
- Staff to receive ongoing training on cleaning protocols.
- Easy, readily-available equipment disinfectant spray for you use.
- Hand-sanitizing stations conveniently located for you to use throughout the Y.