Update - July 28, 2021
There are currently no changes being made to the mask policy or COVID-related guidelines at the YMCA of Central New York. According to the CDC, our county is experiencing a moderate level of transmission. You can view the data here: COVID Data Tracker. We will continue to monitor updates from the CDC, New York State, and Onondaga County officials. Thank you for all that you are doing to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
June 27, 2021
In response to the recent COVID mandate changes communicated by Governor Cuomo on June 15, 2021, we have made the following YMCA changes to our COVID policies guidelines below, beginning Wednesday, June 23rd. As new guidelines are issued by NY State and the CDC (Center for Disease Control) we will continue to assess our safety procedures and policies. The Y is MORE than a gym or fitness center. Therefore, we need to consider how all decisions affect our entire YMCA membership base. Again, we thank everyone for supporting the Y!
- We will continue to use the honor system for the vaccination status of our members.
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will have the option to wear or not wear a mask while at the YMCA.
- Masks are NOT required for children ages (2-12) in any of our YMCA Youth programs including Camp and Childcare.
- Unvaccinated members are responsible for wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing per New York State guidance.
- We ask you to demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility toward each other and our staff as proof of vaccination status is not required.Please consider the health of our members and our community so that we may remain open and safe for all.
- Reservations are no longer needed for Gymnasium, Turf, and Primetime; we will return to full capacity. All equipment will be reopened for use.
- Please note that Reservations are still required for: Group Fitness Classes (land/water) and all YMCA pools until Monday, June 28, 2021. On the 28th of June, we will return to pre-COVID standards of 1st come/1st served for all Group Exercise classes and no time limits for lap swim. (Our Operations team is working on developing a new system to ensure better access to classes and lap lanes to be rolled out prior to September 2021).
- All saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools, and drinking fountains will be available for usage.
- Wellness Checks are no longer required upon arrival at the Y. Members will need to continue to scan their Member ID cards for checking-in purposes, but member checkout is no longer required.
- Your YMCA home branch will maintain its current facility hours. We will continue to assess these hours and adjust where available.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your nearest YMCA branch. Thank you for your continued support of the YMCA of Central New York.