Are you looking for an easy way to help your community? Well look no further- the Community Cupboard is an easy way to help those in need! Leaders Club, a group of energetic teens who are working towards bettering our community, built this cupboard for anyone who needs assistance. The Y reached out to an organization, No Child Goes Hungry, to request funds to build the community cupboard and were granted a donation to help offset the cost of materials. It’s stocked with all types of goods ranging from canned goods to hygiene products. These goods are available to all, at any time! If you would like to help contribute to this cupboard, you can leave canned goods, dry goods, or any hygiene products at the front desk where it can be stocked into the cupboard. The cupboard is restocked each week for everyone’s convenience, and we’re excited for it to be put into use!
Items We Are Looking For:
- Canned goods; soup, tuna, jelly, peanut butter, canned veggies and fruits, etc.
- Boxed foods; cereals, crackers, chips, salad or meal kits, cake mixes, etc.
- Snack items: pudding, Jell-O, fruit snacks, etc.
- Drinks: juice, water, juice boxes
- Baby Supplies: food, diapers, wipes, etc.
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Laundry Detergent
- Hygiene Products: Soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc.
Want to get more involved? Contact Noelle Downey