The Manlius YMCA offers three indoor tennis courts and three outdoor seasonal courts. We offer a variety of recreational and instructional options for all ages and levels of play.
During our operating hours there will be someone available to take your call and take court reservations as normal. If our representative is busy when you do call, whether they are on another line or interacting with a member, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Or, call back within 5 to 10 minutes and we should be able to answer!
When making a reservation, please note that we are requiring payment prior to arriving at the Y. When calling for a reservation, you must have the names of all players you are playing with, and those players all must have a payment method on file with the Y. If you do not have players names but want to make your reservation you will have to pay for the entire court time. If you and your party are going to play regularly, we can add a payment method to your account easily over the phone.
Important Safety Changes
The Manlius YMCA is home to many activities, which means that there are multiple guidelines released by New York State that we must follow. Please take note of the following:
- Check In: Our check in process is a bit longer now. Every person entering the Manlius Y will need to be temperature checked and give an affirmation to our Health Screening questions.
- What happens if I have to cancel my court time? Can I get refunded? If you have prepaid and you must cancel, we can issue a system credit which can be used for future transactions at the YMCA.
- Can I bring a guest? Yes, but they will be charged a $10 guest fee when they arrive at the Y. This is the only transaction that should occur at the desk on the day of play. If you are a YMCA member but you have suspended your membership payments, you will also be charged the $10 guest fee.
The best way to connect with Manlius Staff is via email:
Adult Tennis Leagues
Available for Juniors and Adults! Lesson packages offered.
Tennis Lessons with Head Tennis Professional: Mario Silva, and Gyata Stormon
Tennis Lessons with Staff Tennis Professional: Valerie Clarke, Dave Menter, and Brendan Reagan
NOTE: Lessons must be scheduled at the time of purchase. Please contact Amber Shannon for lesson pricing and options.
Ages 18+. Please call ahead to reserve your space. Clinics will be limited to one hour if only two participants attend, and half an hour if only one person attends.
Head Tennis Professionals: Mario Silva and Gyata Stormon
Staff Tennis Professionals: Valerie Clarke, Dave Menter, and Brendan Reagan
Youth Tennis Programs
- Tiny Tykes: Start your child's tennis career here! This class is designed to develop eye-hand coordination and listening skills. It emphasizes group interaction and uses age appropriate equipment. Ages 3-4
- Tiny Tykes 2: Start your child's tennis career here! This class is designed to develop eye-hand coordination and listening skills. It emphasizes group interaction and uses age appropriate equipment. Ages 5-6
- Futures: This class builds racquet skills and basic tennis fundamentals including ground strokes, volley and serve through a variety of activities. Children will learn to rally with each other on a 36-foot court. Ages 7-8
- Futures 60: This class is for 9-11 year old players who can comfortably rally on a 36-foot court. We will continue to focus on tennis fundamentals using progressive tennis balls on a 60-foot court.
- Futures 78: This class completes the transition to full court play (78 foot court) using green dot balls that bounce slightly lower and slower than the standard yellow tennis balls. A greater emphasis is placed on playing singles and doubles games. Ages 9-12
- Junior Aces (Beginner): Appropriate skills are taught with an emphasis on each child reaching their potential. We offer a positive atmosphere and opportunity for improvement. Ages 12-15
- Junior Competitors (Intermediate): This program is for intermediate players who want to raise their level of play, while focusing on consistency, ball placement, improved serves and match strategy. Ages 12-15
- Junior Challengers (Intermediate +): This program is designed for the intermediate/high school level player ages 12 and up who have completes junior competitors or who have had previous playing experience. Drill and match play will be incorporated into this program.
- Please present your YMCA membership card at the member services desk upon arrival. Jogging shoes, running shoes and street shoes will not be permitted on tennis courts because they lack lateral support.
- Please refrain from taking children onto the courts while playing.
- Please provide 24 hour notice when canceling a court.
- Lessons will not be made-up or rescheduled unless six (6) hours notice of cancellation is provided.
- All tennis fees are collected at the time of reservation. Fees must be paid in full prior to entering the court.
- There are no refunds, make-ups, or credits for missed classes in programs.
- The YMCA has the right to make changes to policies, procedures and/or fees at any time.